Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 7 in New York

Sunday we went to a Pickle Festival and then caught the subway to Washington Square Park where we met up with Kenny. There were tables of people playing chess and musicians playing. It was great. We then wandered down Bleecker Street in the West Village (Greenwich) and I bought my 6th pair or shoes! My suitcase is in sooooo much trouble. Who knew I liked shoes so much? Not me...


Christie loving the pickles!

Washington Square Park

Chess games at Washington Square Park

We then headed into Chelsea and went to the Chelsea Market which is kind of a gourmet food place housed in what used to be an Oreo factory. We then took some food to High Line Park which is built on old railway tracks which are now no longer used. It sits about three stories above normal ground level and runs for about a mile. It has seats and plenty of plants and is a good place to get some sun while looking out over the water (you can also see the Statue of Liberty from here as well).

Kenny walking along High Line Park

Cool building I could see from High Line Park

Christie and I then headed back to our hostel and Kenny to his with the intention of meeting up before sunset to go up the Rockerfeller building. This didn't end up happening and we got there too late so Christie and I wandered around Times Square, which looks great at night!

Times Square at night!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you gleaned over the Pickle Festival - honestly, it was the best pickle festival ever!!

    ReplyDelete