Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 3 in New York

Yesterday morning I woke up with a cold but being in NYC I didn't want to spend all day in bed so I decided I would go out in the morning and then rest in the afternoon. I bought some cold and flu tablets but I don't know how much good they did. We caught the subway down to Times Square and walked to Bryant Park which is nestled in amongst the skyscrapers and is really nice (it is also where Fashion Week takes place). We then walked to the New York Public Library to get a photo (mostly for Christie's benefit as it is used in Sex and the City) but unfortunately they are doing restoration work on it so....

Bryant Park

We then headed to the International Centre of Photography and stumbled across the HBO store along the way. Once at the centre, it wasn't quite what we expected and unfortunately they only had two exhibits showing which were both war/revolution related, not really what we were looking for. Since we were around the corner we headed towards Rockafeller Plaza and I went into the NBC store and Christie into J.Crew. We then caught up with Kenny and headed to Grand Central Station to have a look (sorry Seh, I didn't know about the whispering wall so didn't give it a go. If I go there again I will try it!). We then parted ways with Kenny for a little while and walked to the United Nations Building which was a bit of a let down (not as impressive as we thought it would be, it's just a skyscraper). We walked back to Bryant Park and had lunch and then , while heading back to Times Square, we stumbled across Pop-tart World. I then went back to the hostel to try and sleep off my cold while Christie went shopping.

Grand Central Station

United Nations Building

Pop-tart World

I didn't have a lot of luck sleeping as I really felt like hell but I still rested until late afternoon. Christie got back around 6:30 and offered to go get me some dinner as I wasn't feeling up to going out and she met Kenny for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better really quickly and can enjoy your time more thoroughly. Haha, I loved the NBC store. I thought Grand Central Station was awesome.

    Feel better, hon xoxo

    ReplyDelete