Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 10 in New York

Today we had to change hostels because our current one on the upper west side doesn't allow people to stay more than 14 days, and we are in New York for 20 days. So we packed up all our stuff (with much difficulty!) and then stored our luggage until we could check into the next place. Meanwhile, while waiting, we decided to do a little more shopping, paying Gap another visit, both of us buying the same skirt without knowing the other had, and we almost bought the same top except I chose a different one when it came down to decision time. We are totally merging into one person!

We then went for lunch at Alice's Tea Cup. Lindy, did you go here when you were in NY? Alice's Tea Cup is pretty much how it sounds, you essentially go for high tea and get scones and any kind of tea you want but due to timing we ate lunch instead with our tea. Lindy you would have loved it, it was completely Alice themed, with lines from it written around the ceiling, illustrations all over the bathroom, and Alice merchandise for sale. Even a tea named after her. I took photos of everything for you which I will post on facebook tomorrow. The event has been well documented. I even got you a menu!



After finishing lunch it was time to go to our new hostel in the Financial District. Not wanting a repeat on the subway like when we first arrived, we paid for a cab to take us downtown. The place is kind of a shared apartment, we have our own room but we share a couple of bathrooms and a kitchen. And, as I have discovered while writing this, the rooms are in no way sound-proof! If we had a choice, we would have stayed in our original hostel but, what can you do... On the plus side we have excellent internet in our room so I can keep you all up to date. Yay!

Tonight we had an absolutely amazing time seeing Green Day's American Idiot on Broadway. It was so unbelievably amazing, just the very first scene/song/act/whatever you wanna call it was worth the price of the ticket. I could barely contain the squeal that threatened to escape from my mouth. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos but I bought a program and have taken photos of it so hopefully you can get a tiny idea of what it was like. The set was fantastic, so awesome! And at the very end, all of the cast came out on stage with guitars and played Good Riddance (Time of Your Life).


Just another amazing day in New York City. Shopping. Alice. Rock Musical. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Jess, you are becoming a very good writer! We love reading your posts - most entertaining!
    xxxxxx Can't wait to go shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mum, your writing is fantastic :)

    I didn't get to Alice's Tea Cup but I'm so glad it it awesome! It is on my list of most important things to do when I'm next there. (If it's with you, you might have to go again, haha!) Thanks so much for taking so many photos and even getting me a menu! You're so lovely. <3

    Gah, I want to see American Idiot soo badly.

    PS, Trying to catch up on your blog entries as breaks from my study, haha.

    ReplyDelete