Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 11 in New York

Thursday we took a trip to visit the Statue of Liberty and Eilis Island. These kind of fell short of our expectations and once you have seen Lady Liberty, well, to us, who the immigration museum doesn't hold any personal significance, our interest in our days' adventure came grinding to a holt.

Leaving Manhattan behind

Lady Liberty

So we did what any girl in Manhattan would do, we went shopping! Century 21 is another of the big discount designer stores and there is one 3 blocks from where we are currently staying. We spent a little while *cough* 3 hours *cough* shopping there. I came away with a new winter coat, 2 new wallets, a little cardi and a evening top. Oh and another ring. I am having a little war within my head at the moment as I have promised myself I won't buy anymore shoes as I don't have enough space in my suitcase for them. But, I can't buy these in Perth. What on earth am I to do??? And don't say buy another suitcase as I'm only allowed one on my flights.

Thursday night we went and saw the Irish band Two Door Cinema Club at Webster Hall. Christie is a big fan but I had only ever heard one song. The show was pretty good, and although alot of their songs sounded the same (although Christie swears they don't on the album) I still enjoyed it.

Two Door Cinema Club

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were allowed to bring two suitcases from the US to Australia, as long as they're only 20kg each? Maybe it's changed since two years ago. I would just send boxes of shoes and clothes home, then. Better to buy it there when you like them and they fit and aren't too expensive than not, I think!

    Did you not go to Staten Island? There was two really pretty huge aquariums there when we went. It was the most exciting part of the trip, haha. At least you had a clear day - my photos of the whole of Manhattan/Lady Liberty are so crap because of the fog!

    ReplyDelete