Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 7 in Fort Wayne

On Sunday, Luke, Erin, Leah and I went to Debrands (the chocolate place) to use our free desserts. Did I mention the free stuff the other day? When we were there with Mum, the staff forgot our order and so because we had been waiting so long, they gave us all free dessert cards (worth more than what we had spent). So anyway we all got free gourmet chocolate desserts.

For Sunday night, Luke managed to get us tickets to see the Colts, which is Indiana's football team, play the San Diego Chargers. Seeing a live football game was the last thing on my list of things I wanted to do in the US so I was very excited to go. The game was two hours away in Indianapolis so Luke and I drove down in one car and Jeanne and Dick in another. This is because Dick was going to stay in Indianapolis for the night as he had a meeting there the next morning. Anyway, after scoring a free parking place near the stadium (almost impossible) we all met up and went to the game. The sports fever was insane. It was even more involved than when we have our footy finals (and this was just a normal game).


Disappointingly, the Colts did not play up to their usual high standards and alot of the crowd left during the fourth quarter. I'm quite proud of myself as I think I have pretty much got the hang of the rules. After the game, with Jeanne asleep in the back of the car, Luke drove the three of us back to Fort Wayne (arriving back at 2am), and thus my final US sports experience was complete.

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky! I spent the last night in US watching games on the TV at my hotel in New York - I am still trying to get the hang of it. Wish any of the Widdicombes had been there to help explain!

    ReplyDelete