Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 7 in Boston

Saturday morning I took Christie to the airport. It was sad. My extra limb has gone :(

Farewell America (and Jess) :(

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Bec and Gaj with a mixture of us all procrastinating and actually doing work. I really needed to sort through my suitcase. I went and got two boxes from the post office so I can send stuff home, which I have now packed full (to be fair the boxes are small but they are flat-rate so it doesn't matter how heavy they are) but I still have too much stuff. Second suitcase here I come! I then repacked my suitcase now that it had a little less crap stuffed in it. Blog posts and playing on the internet then took over for the rest of the afternoon. I also watched Gaj making his home-brew with Bec as a fabulous assistant between doing her work.

A strange concoction...

For dinner we went to a fabulous Japanese restaurant called The Ginger Exchange and then had icecream sundaes afterwards at Christina's. Yummy! Back at the apartment, I chatted on the phone to Jeanne (who Mum and I will be staying with in just over a week (!)) and also to Mum who is now on a plane, as I type this, coming to see ME! I spent the rest of the night finishing my awesome book, Dash & Lily. I really loved the opportunity to have a normal day that didn't involve sightseeing. While of course I love getting out and seeing stuff, it was nice to just be able to sit, relax and hang out.

1 comment:

  1. I actually really love the occasional day like that when you're travelling, because it can be so exhausting at times, even though it's amazing! It's such a nice feeling to slow down for a day.

    ReplyDelete