Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 5 in Boston

Thursday absolutely poured with rain. We didn't want to waste the day and didn't think that rain alone should stop us from seeing more of Boston since it was Christie's last chance. Our plan was in tatters though by the time we had walked to the train station. Not even an umbrella could save us. Rain, fine. Wind, big no! But still we soldiered on. We had to accomplish something before retreating home! But we decided to chop out all the outside sightseeing, which, of course, just left more shopping! We made it to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch (and takeaway cheesecake), ducked into Barnes and Noble for Christie to grab something for the plane and a cookbook (half the price of what it would cost in Aust.) and then we made an embarrassing trip to the shoe store. You see, the rain had absolutely destroyed my favourite suede boots (my only other shoe choice was my canvas shoes which wouldn't even have made it to the end of our street in the rain) and my feet were literally swimming in water. So I desperately needed new water-proof shoes. It was very embarrassing taking off my shoes in the store and trying to try new ones on with soaking wet socks, while trying to hide this fact from the sales assistant. I did find some, though if I wasn't desperate (having already looked in two other stores) I might not have bought them (I also considered gumboots).

Our last task was to buy ingredients for dinner and to buy American candy for Christie to take home. This all became a major effort, carrying eight bags through the wind and rain, just getting into a taxi was horrendous! It was impossible to take photos on this day so I leave you with a picture of my new water-proof (hopefully!) boots.

New black boots

1 comment:

  1. Your boots are very similar to the ones i bought to take with me!! We will look like twins separated by 30 years!! xx

    ReplyDelete