Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 16: Reunion Time

On 24th November, Sarah and I caught the train into Brussels to meet up with my cousin Ruth and her friend Kerry. Kerry lives in Brussels so Ruth came from the UK for the weekend to stay with her and to catch up with me. I haven't seen Ruth since I was in the UK 5 years ago when I stayed with her and Kerry.

 Grand Place, Brussels

These apartments and shop fronts are built onto the side of a church (the limestone coloured brick on the left is the church).

We only had a couple of hours but we went to a cafe for a drink and then found a creperie where we had savoury and dessert crepes for lunch before Sarah and I caught the train back to Lokeren.

Tasty crepes with Ruth and Kerry

 Occupying ourselves on the train home

That night we had a dinner party as a late celebration for Sarah's birthday. There were 12 of us and Niels made an Indian curry feast and then chocolate mousse layer cake for dessert. Dinner parties here seem to go a lot later than back in Australia as we didn't end up going to bed until after 4am.


Ready for our feast


No comments:

Post a Comment