Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 11: Stockholm Bound


Today was one of those days where the entire day is wasted no matter what you do. We checked out of our hotel at 9am and then went to the airport for our flight to Stockholm.

On our way to Sweden

We didn't arrive in Sweden until after 2pm and then we had an 80minute bus ride to Stockholm (we passed the time by watching tv-shows on our Apple products). 

 On the bus to Stockholm

Once in Stockholm, it took us a little while to find our hotel as we were walking from the bus terminal in the city centre, at peak hour, and I was lugging a massively heavy bag. I'm not quite sure how I managed to forget my promise to myself that I would only ever travel with a suitcase after backpacking for three months 5 years ago (I decided to leave my big suitcase in Belgium and take a smaller bag so that I wouldn't fill up my big one and then have to pay a Ryanair fee for going over 15kg!).

We finally found our 'hotel'; a bunch of rooms and en-suites in the basement of a coffee shop on the main shopping strip of Stockholm. It was a bit odd as the coffee shop staff seemed to run it and while the location was excellent, the rooms, while clean, were far smaller than any of their, or my, pictures let on.

 The extent of our 'hotel' room

2 comments:

  1. Your bedroom at home will forever be 'enormous' now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel really does give you a new perspective on life - and space !

    ReplyDelete