Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 3 in Vancouver

Today, Saturday, we were extremely lucky to have a sunny day! Yay! We were also very lucky as we discovered that out tickets for the hop-on hop-off bus had not been dated so we were able to use it a second day for free. Double yay!

One of the many different views of Stanley Park

So first on the to-do list was to head back to Stanley Park and to wander around and see the whole thing. When we got off the bus, our driver told us that another (different) bus would be coming in 10mins which was a free tour of the park. You say free, we say yes. This tour was really good and allowed us to see far more in our short space of time than if we had walked around the whole place.

The totem poles at Stanley Park

View from Stanley Park

Next, we got back on the hop-on hop-off bus and rode it to Gastown, named after Gassy Jack, the founder of the first saloon here. This is quite a touristy area with the majority of Vancouver's souvenir shops, but we found good food and cool souvenirs (I got super awesome PJ pants with moose's all over them!), and it led into Canada Place which had the Olympic cauldron and some nice views.

Gastown

The Olympic cauldron

The view towards the mountains from Canada Place

I really wish we had more time to spend in Canada. I would love to come back and drive across the whole country (yes I realise I need a license to do this!). It is just so stunningly beautiful. If anybody is interested, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I desperately want to go to back to Canada. We only got to spend three days in London and Toronto and I loved it, despite the numbing cold at the time. I'd love to drive across the whole country with you. I'd need a license, too, though, haha. And to feel safe driving, so maybe once I get my blackouts sorted out! :P

    Lovelovelove your photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete